View online bookmaker Spotsbet.com.au‘s preview on Game 2 of the State Of Origin 2016.
They say that there are three different types of people – those who are good at maths and those who aren’t. I’m not sure which camp I’m in, but something just doesn’t add up here. Only 22% of NRL players are eligible to play for Queensland, yet they have won nine of the last 10 series and are now a ($1.22) pop to make it 10 from 11 or 91% in the old language!
Why Queensland will wrap it up again
- Thurston, Inglis, Smith, Scott, Boyd, Cronk, Parker etc.
- In their run of 11 series wins, they are scoring two points for every one scored by the Blues at Suncorp.
- Last time at home they trounced the Blues 52-6.
Why NSW will keep the series alive
- 52-6 was the bad news, the good news is that most of them saw it from their own lounge-rooms. Just six players in the current side played in that nightmare – Jennings, Woods, Gallen, Tamou, Klemmer & Jackson.
- In four of the last five series, the losing team in game one has bounced back to win game two. More motivated?
- The Jack Bird inclusion is significant. With his versatility off the bench they will play this game with a genuine 17 players as opposed to a virtual 16 due to the token involvement which Dylan Walker was afforded in game one.
- The four debutantes Moylan, Mansour, Walker and Reynolds have to be better for the experience. They won’t just be happy to be there this time around. They would have felt much more part of it in camp after having worn the bruises with their stablemates.
How would I spend $100?
$40 BIG WIN LITTLE WIN – Blues 1-12 $3.75 – I know you can’t eat value but if they are winning they are sneaking home in my view. Much rather take the ($3.75) vs the ($2.55) head-to-head.
$40 WIN TRY COMBO – QLD/Dane Gagai $2.70– This is the saver. Dane is two tries in two games where incidentally, they won both. If you were keen on Queensland and after a better price, then maybe this is the way.
$10 FIRST TRY SCORER – Matt Gillett $18 – I love Jimmy Maloney as a player but there is no question the Cronk/Gillett partnership will target him again. They had e few close shaves in game one.
$10 ANYTIME TRYSCORER – Jack Bird $4.00 – I believe the superstars have a real knack of scoring on debut. This kid is a superstar! He is born for this level and as above I’m thinking he will be used much wiser than Dylan Walker was in the 14 jumper. Expecting him to get 30 mins plus game time.
Latest STATE OF ORIGIN betting and odds available here.